Saturday, March 20, 2010

Trusting

S. "Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him and he will do this:"
(Psalm 37: 3-5, NIV)

O. I have not been very good as blogging the past few days. I have been spending time with my family at the Hospice House in Huntington. My niece, Sarah Beth has been there for over a week. This has been a very emotional time for us and for me as well. Sometimes I don't know what I am feeling. I can't identify what I am feeling and I just get frustrated with myself and others. The time that we are having together as a family has been filled with tears, laughter, hugs, and lots of memories. We have been praying and reading scripture, we have been supporting each other and so much more. I have been filled with many questions about why all this is happening, about why Sarah's time on earth is up and even why it is extended at the present time. I don't have answers to all these questions, but I have to believe the God has a plan and purpose in all of it. I have seen God at work in Sarah's life while she is lying in bed…people who are amazed at her brave battle with cancer and how she has remained faithful to God through each step. I read these verses from Psalm this morning and it just made since in the midst of things being so senseless. I must put my trust in God who knows that best for me and knows exactly what I need to be doing in my life. Leigh Ann has been posting things from Sarah's post blog posts and this is what I read this morning…

"You know, this hasn't been the easiest walk of
life, but it's the only one I want...one that is
completely sacrificed for the will of the Lord
Jesus Christ.
Thank you for all your prayers and kindness
towards me and my family. May God bless you for
your graciousness." - sarah beth, august 12, 2008

What words of faith and courage…what an attitude of surrender. I think that I need to keep more of a trusting faith in my God.

A. Continue to trust and live for Jesus!

P. Lord, I am so thankful for your grace and mercy. My prayer is that I will be faithful to allow you to mold and shape me daily. Amen

1 comment:

  1. yknow, allow your emotions to be all over the map...you are only human. I hope you listened to the lamenting sermon by Tom Sharp...God wants it all--even the ugly, confusing, scary, angry, stuff. He can handle it-He actually wants it from you...lay it on Him (and of course dont forget your huge network of family and friends-we can take it too!)

    ReplyDelete