Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Listening to God's Voice

S. Then went he down, and dipped himself seven times in the Jordan, according to the saying of the man of God; and his flesh came again like unto the flesh of a little child, and he was clean. And he returned to the man of God, he and all his company, and came, and stood before him; and he said, Behold now, I know that there is no God in all the earth, but in Israel: now therefore, I pray thee, take a present of thy servant. (2 Kings 5: 14-15)

O. So I said that I was not going to blog, but this was something that God really impressed on me in my reading yesterday. I love the story of Elisha...being an obedient servant of God was the right thing to do. He was blessed because of his obedience and love for God...in fact, he received a double portion of God's blessing (compared to Elijah...see 2 Kings 2 9). What really impressed me with the story of Naaman and the story of the Widow and oil (see chapter 4) is that Elisha listened carefully to God's instruction and to God's voice. He was careful to make sure it understood exactly what God wanted to him to do to what he wanted him to tell someone else. And it didn't stop with just listening carefully...he then acted on it and with a confidence that helped others to act on it as well. Naaman questioned Elisha's command to wash in the Jordan, but when convinced that this must be the right thing to do, he was blessed with healing.

I walked away from my reading yesterday morning thinking...I want to be a man who listens that closely to the voice of God. I want to have such a close relationship that I can know for sure what God is telling me and then continue with the confidence to act on God's plan for my life.

A. I must continue to put myself in a place to hear the voice of God. I must be obedient when I understand His voice and follow in obedience.

P. Lord, I know that I am not the best listener at times, but I have a willing heart to know you and to understand your call on my life. It is my prayer that I can be "all ears" when it comes to my relationship with God and clearly understand all that God's has planned for me. I open my ears God to hear your voice and walk in obedience to your call.

No comments:

Post a Comment