Sunday, March 20, 2011

God Revealed

Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name. I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever. For great is your steadfast love toward me;
Psalms 86:11-13a (ESV)

God has always promised that He would reveal Himself to me. As you read the scriptures, we see how many times in in various ways God reveals Himself. In creation God shows us His splendor, in the law, God reveals his true character, in His Son Jesus Christ God chose to reveal his very nature. The writer of Hebrews says, "He (Jesus) is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature," (1: 3a)...Paul stated, "For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell," (Colossians 1: 19). It is clear to me that God wanted me and you to know all about Himself, so He made sure to make it clear.

But I also believe that we must seek after God. He desires that we desire Him. In these verse above, the Psalmist is clearing opening his heart to God's presence and his great love. He asks for wisdom to walk in truth...he asks for an undivided heart that is fully and solely focused on the truth of God...and he rejoices in the fact that God's love and presence is found in him.

What a join to God wants for each of us to know Him. How great is the Father's love for us...and today I pray that I might be filled with rejoicing as God's love has filled me.

Loving God, you created me and love me, even when I don't give you first place in my life. Forgive me when I fail you...I receive you love and grace today and offer my life as a living sacrifice to you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment