Friday, May 1, 2009

Big God vs Little Faith

S. "..If you have thefait of a grain of mustard sed, you will say tohis mountain, 'move from here to there' and it will move and nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17: 20

O. I am struck by Jesus' words to his disciple. They could not heal this boy, so they brought him to Jesus. Jesus' reply - you have faith that is too small. He then talks about the fact that all the faith that is needed was mustard seed size (not very much). There is great power that comes in faith - Jesus said, "nothing will be impossible." So why to we struggle with a "lack" of faith. Maybe it is simply that we don't really believe this is possible! We are wrapped up many times in what only we can to - or our limits in some area - instead of what God can do in and through us. We have to remember - God is omnipotent - all powerful!

A. I struggle with not being able to control some things in my life - my application comes simply in turning over (or surrendering) an area in my life where I can and will see the power of God - having that is displayed in this surrender.

P. "Lord, you are a mighty God - your power is greater than anything in this world. God, I believe this...please let it be manifest in my life today." Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment