Saturday, May 23, 2009

God Hears Our Prayers

S. "Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayer that is made in this place". 2 Chronicles 7: 15 (ESV)

O. God will hear our prayers. We don't have to worry about whether or not He will hear them...He promised that we would be attentive and open to our prayers. This verse is found in the context of the dedication of the Temple in Jerusalem. Solomon stood before the people of Israel pleaded before God to hear their prayers...their prayers offered in humility, a spirit of repentance and with a heart that seeks after God. God says that he would hear prayers offered in this place. The temple was God's dwelling place on the earth. His presence was experienced through the smoke, ground shaking and in a speechless people. Today, we are blessed to have the gift of the Holy Spirit...God living in us. The Bible tells us that our body is a temple of the Holy Spirit. That means that prayer that our offered in the place of God's indwelling (our lives) are heard before the throne of grace. The some conditions still are in place. We must believe in the presence and power of God...come with a humble heart and seek His face above all others things. Don't doubt that your prayers are heard! Believe in God's presence in you each and every day.

A. When I pray I want to be reminded of the great privilege I have. God, in the days ahead, let me come humbly before the throne of grace as I pray.

P. "Lord God, thanks for considering my words and heart before you. May my prayers be a sweet aroma to you each and every day. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment