Friday, May 22, 2009

Our Forgiving God

S. "Moses and Aaron were among his priests, Samuel also was among those who called upon his name. They called to the Lord and he answered them...O Lord our God, you answered them; you were a forgiving God to them, but an avenger of their wrongdoings." Psalm 99: 6, 8

O. I have a forgiving God. I am reminded this morning that those who come into your presence with a contrite heart...you will hear them and will forgive them. 1 Kings 8 records the presentation of the Ark of the Covenant into the newly built temple of God. Solomon pleads with God that anyone who comes into the house of God and asks for forgiveness would be heard and forgiven. The Psalmist records the truth of God being a forgiving God. I am still struck with how faithful God is in my life. I seem to be like the apostle Paul who said, I know what I am doing is wrong, but for some reason I keep on doing it. God, knowing I will receive forgiveness for my sin should not be reason to let my life be filled with sin at times. I still believe that I will be held accountable one day for my life and actions...I must chose to follow God's way and not my own. I must choice to do right and not wrong...to rid my life of sin.

A. I need to look at each area of my life in the days ahead and see what sin is present in me. I must also learn to listen to those who ask for forgiveness and allow my response to be the same to God's response to me.

P. "God, thanks for your forgiveness and mercy that is poured into my life. I humbly receive your forgiveness and stand as a man who needs you daily. I love you God."

No comments:

Post a Comment