Sunday, May 31, 2009

Matters of the Heart

S. "The words of a man's mouth are deep waters; the fountain of wisdom i s a bubbling brook". (Proverbs 18: 4, ESV)

O. I am reminded that what comes from my mouth is from my heart. There are times when I regret that I have said something and I think that it was just an "in the moment" kind of thing. But actually, what is said is a matter of the heart. If I am to speak words of kindness and things that lift up others, I need to work on my heart. When my heart is right...even when I might be torn by a situation in front of me...my words should reflect the the contents of my heart. I might be rambling, but the truth is...I need to hear these words from the Lord. I need to watch my heart and guard it more than anything else.

A. "How can a young name keep his ways pure? By guarding it according to your word. With my whole heart I seek you" (Psalm 119: 9-10a). My time in the Word of God is a must for working on my heart...so I continue this with a faithful and steadfast spirit...but I also need to be a person who thinks before I speak...help me to be slow to speech today and allow my words to be truthful and honoring to others and You!

P. "Lord Jesus, I give you my heart and my mouth day. May they be used for your glory and may they lead people to a deeper and stronger commitment to you. I love you, Lord. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment