Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Imprinting My Heart

S. "My son, do not forget my teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments, for length of days and years of life and peace they will add to you. Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart." Proverbs 3:1-3 (ESV)

O. Yesterday I wrote the heart and how important it is to guard your heart spiritually in every way. Today, in reading from Proverbs, I hear once again the truth about the heart. When we live in obedience to God's plan and will for our lives, we are promised two things...length of days and peace as we live our days. We are constantly to be imprinting God's truth on our hearts so that we have a quick defense against any attacks of Satan and that we be ready to speak truth to others through our lives and works. I must constantly be reminded that God's love for me is beyond measure and is always available to me at a moment's notice...in fact...I believe I am covered constantly by His love.

A. Today, I will work on memorizing one verse of scripture that can be imprinted and written on my heart.

P. "God, thanks for your constant abiding love. May my life reflect your love and faithfulness to others around me today. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment