Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mumbled Words Understood

S. "Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words." Romans 8:26 (ESV)

O. Last night I was in a tremendous amount of pain. I injured by back a few days ago and it has worsened progressively over the past few days. I went to seek medical help yesterday and the pain seemed to increase throughout the day. I couldn't understanding this...and I remember laying down to go to sleep and just calling out..."what else can I do God...I don't think I can take this must longer!" I was really beyond words to describe what I was feeling inside. People face these type of exeriences everyday...and many are more severe than my back pain...a husband comes home with an unexpected pink slip...a phone call to a son or daughter changes the tone of your day...you find out that someone has lied to you and has hurt you deeply...the doctor says, "There nothing we can do to save their live"...I could go on and on. When life deals us a blow that we are not ready for or that we can't even comprehend, all we need to do is call out to Jesus. He hears our prayers and the scripture reminds us that "the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groaning t00 deep for words". Even the spirit offers up for us unexplainable communication straight to the heart of God. WOW! And I love Pauls reassurance that this is truth... "And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God’s own will" (Romans 8:27, NLT) . What an awesome God we have...who meets us in our time of need with all that he is and will every be to fill us and lead us into his way and will.

A. When I am faced with any situation that seems too much for me to handle and bear, I will call upon my God who loves me and has made a way for all my intermost thoughts and feels to be expressed to Him.

P. "Lord, I open my heart to you...will you hear the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart as I seek after you daily. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment