Wednesday, June 10, 2009

God’s Amazing Presence Revealed

S. “I cried out, “I am slipping!” but your unfailing love, O LORD, supported me. When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.” Psalms 94:18-19 (NLT)

O. I have always known that God is a refuge for me, but there are times when I experience his presence and love in my life more than others. Yesterday, I had surgery on my back to repair a herniated disc. This has been a recent injury that has caused much pain and disability. I went through all the test and finally decided to have surgery which seemed to be the only way for a full recovery and complete loss of pain. So the date was scheduled…family notified and they all showed up. It is amazing the love that I receive from my family. They are supportive and are always right there when I need them. They truly are part of God’s unfailing love and support to me. And as wonderful as that is for me…it also extends to my church family and friends. One church member was at the hospital before we got there…two friends drove from Ansted, WV to be at the hospital…countless others have been in prayer… all this part of God’s love and support to me. But I also know that God has done a might work in me as well. The past two times I have had surgery, I have had some post-op difficulties. I have prayed and asked people to focus their prayers on this difficulty…long story short…I haven’t had the trouble this time. I can’t tell you how much a relief the surgery has brought be me physically and even emotional. I have a better understanding of what it is like to live in constant pain, but thankful to a doctor and a healing God that this pain is gone!
God’s watch care over my life is amazing to me. He has revealed himself through family, friends, medical staff and more in this time of illness. More than ever, I have experienced his power presence in so many ways. Thanks for the promise of you work…that you would life me up and make me whole. Thanks for fulfilling your promise to me yesterday and everyday.

A. Continue to see and believe the power of God and all that He can do in my life. Continue to look and be aware of God’s work through others around me. Don’t every stop acknowledging the presence of God in my life.

S. “Lord Jesus, yesterday I called out to you and you heard and answered my prayer...you truly have been my refuge and my peace in life. As I knowledge you, may I reflect your power and love to those who are in my path today and everyday. I love you, Lord” Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment