Thursday, June 11, 2009

Being the Gospel

S. "Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel" Philippians 1:27 (ESV)

O. I love the way this reads..."let you manner of life be worthy of the gospel"...that means that anything I do or so needs to be worthy of Jesus Christ and his story...his life...his gospel. But when I think of my life, there are so many times that I haven't done this. This are so many times that I could have done better...could have made another choice...could have taken a different step...could have said something in a different way...but I didn't. Why? Most likely because I was not really aware of how I was making a possible impact on the lives of others. I was acting out of selfish feelings and ambitions. Whether I like it or not, people are watching me every single minute of the day. I must act the say when I know people are looking and when they are not. Simply, my life must reflect Jesus Christ. It is a matter of being the gospel message to others...not just doing something to present the gospel, but allow every fiber of my being to be the gospel for others.

And when I do this and stand with other Christians...it is a beautiful picture of God's love and unity at work in the church. But I must do my part.

A. Because I know of the importance of being a representative of the gospel, I will live my life in a way that is pleasing to God and is profitable for the gospel.

P. "Lord Jesus, thanks for making me a special person, for redeeming my life in Christ and giving me an opportunity to allow my life to shine for you. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment