Sunday, June 7, 2009

Knowing God's Love

S. "and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:19 (NIV)

O. The love that God has for us is incredible! It is really hard to describe...no human words could ever really make sense to his awesome and complete love for me. But I know God that there is a difference in understanding and being able to articulate God's love and the actual experience of His love. In this passage, Paul says in a prayer that he wants to "know" the love of God. Knowing in the scriptures is a very intimate word...it is a join of two in a bond that will last forever. God's love is completed in us as we open our lives to receive all that he has for us. When this happens, I am filled with the fullness of God. What an awesome reality for me and anyone who knows You love.

A. Rest in God's love for me today...and remember that a love like this is not be be hoarded, but shared with the world!

P. "Lord Jesus, I accept you awesome love for me that you gave on the cross of Calvary. I accept the endless love that comes in my relationship with you. I receive your gift of love today and promise to give your love away, just as you have given it to me. I love you, Lord. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment