Saturday, June 6, 2009

Intent on God's Way

S. "I perceived that whatever God does endures forever; nothing can be added to it, nor anything taken from it. God has done it, so that people fear before him." (Ecclesiastes 3:14 ESV)

O. I really love the book of Ecclesiastes...especially the first three chapters. Solomon has looked for meaning in just about every area of life...money, fame, power, love, possessions, time...everywhere, but in the end he finds that all this is meaningless...a waste of time of energy! I think most people could identify with Solomon as some point...trying to find meaning in life in some thing or at some time. What really stands out to me is the timeless truth that without God...nothing will have meaning. God brings a perspective that is not found anywhere else. Who better to make sense of time, and possession and wealth than the one who created all and in whom all is founded. The scripture above is so true...whatever God does will last forever! You could also state this in reverse...whatever man tries to do and whatever man tries to find meaning it will not last. The solution...put the things of God first in your life!

A. While this is easy to right about, it can be hard to implement in this truth into our lives. I want to try to do so many things, I want to accomplish this or that. So the solution for me...put God first...pray, meditate on the opportunities that are before me. Take time to seek the things of God and not my own things.

P. "Lord Jesus, I am blessed with so many good things in my life...so many wonderful opportunities in my ministry. Please keep my life focused and intent upon you in all my days. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment