Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Unnecessary Quarrels

S. "As charcoal to hot embers and wood to fire, so is a quarrelsome man for kindling strife."
Proverbs 26:21 (ESV)

O. I argue too much with people close to me...this is especially true with my family. And most of the time when I look back on the disagreements or arguments, they are over petty things. What to wear, what to do, when to do things. I am always wanting to get things accomplished and in that, I feel that I have caused striff in my family at time when it didn't need to be there. So the question is...how will I approach the future with the truth of this scripture and the experience of my past. It is no good if I just read the word and never apply it to my life...once again I am faced with a choice to do what is wrong or right. Life is just full of choices!

A. The next time I feel like starting an argument about some little thing at home, I will stop and consider how important it really is. Is it worth the fight? Is it worth the tension?

P. "Lord Jesus, part of the truth of your word helps me to live life in a freeing way...a way that allows the Holy Spirit to move in my life and enjoy the moments of life around me. May your Spirit lead me in the truth of your Word...always. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment