Thursday, June 4, 2009

Encouraging Others

S. "Greet Priscilla and Aquila, my fellow workers in Christ Jesus. They risked their lives for me. Not only I but all the churches of the Gentiles are grateful to them." Romans 16:3-4 (NIV)

O. What impressed me this morning in my reading was the personal nature of Paul's ministry. Most of the time when I think of Paul, I think of the big things that he accomplished...several extensive trips through Asia, starting many churches, being a leader among the Apostles, etc. I was impressed that in this letter to the Roman Christians, this letter filled with great doctrinal truth about Jesus Christ and the church, he stopped and encouraged individuals. He named 16 different people and specifically said a word of encouragement to them. Can you imagine how they felt when this letter was read? "Paul saw the work that I was doing for God!" "Wow, he remembered me!"

I think that encouragement in my ministry and in the church is extremely important. I think we have a biblical example of the power of encouragement. Encouragement will take us a long way.

A. I will be conscience of my words of encouragement today to my family and others around me.

P. "Lord Jesus, I give you my heart, my life and my soul. Be in every thought that I have, every word I speak and every action of my hands and feet. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment