Sunday, July 5, 2009

Idols

S. "They ask a piece of wood for advice! They think a stick can tell them the future! Longing after idols has made them foolish. They have played the prostitute, serving other gods and deserting their God." Hosea 4:12 (NLT)

O. This is a very unique verse from Hosea. The prophet has been instructed to at a prostitute as a wife and even when she wrongs him to take her back. It is a story of the people of Israel who have been following other gods and not the Lord God. They have been giving themselves to other gods around them and at the same time pushing the true God away from them in every way. These verses talk about how foolish it is to reason with a piece of word and take advice from a stick. When I think about it, there are time that I am the fool. Times when I allow my circumstance or situation to become my idol and give me direction for the future. Times we I put God on the back burner of life and put my agenda before his. Times when I put things/possessions ahead of my relationship with God. I need to constantly be aware of the God that I serve and make sure that I am giving him my complete surrendered life for his glory and honor.

A. What areas am I still trying to keep control in my life? What idols am I keeping in front of me? I need to inventory my life and make sure that I am only serving the Lord Jesus.

P. "Lord Jesus, I am so thankful for all that you do for me. I know that there are areas of my life that I have not totally surrender to you. My prayer is for you to humble me and break me for your glory and honor. I love you Lord! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment