Monday, July 20, 2009

Love is the Key

S. “If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal….If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.” 1 Corinthians 13:1, 3 (NLT)

O. This scripture was really lived out for me today. I just can’t explain all that happened today in the villages that we visited in the Dominican Republic. We were literally the hands and feet of God to all those whom we were able to see. We carry a timeless message of true and hope…and most important, we carry the love of Jesus Christ to them. Without love, we would really be useless. But with love in our heart and in our eyes and in our arms and in our feet…we are able to share Jesus with them. In the simple giving of a bag of food, or Frisbee or simple crown to let them know that they are royalty in God’s eyes…we give love. What an awesome experience to be part of this summer. I am thankful for God’s plan and purpose in being here.


A. How simple love is to give. I must make a practice of loving others unconditionally. How easy it is to build people up in God. I must continue to encourage the love and blessing of others as we go in the name of Jesus. I must lead our congregation to love and give and serve unconditionally in the name of Jesus.


P. “Lord Jesus, thank you the awesome experience of being here in the Dominican Republic. Thanks for filling me with your love that I can give to others. I love you. Amen”.

No comments:

Post a Comment