Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Being Faithful

S. "Hezekiah trusted in the LORD, the God of Israel. There was no one like him among all the kings of Judah, either before or after his time. He remained faithful to the LORD in everything, and he carefully obeyed all the commands the LORD had given Moses." 2 Kings 18:5-6 (NLT)

O. I love these words about Hezekiah. The was faithful to God and brought deep reforms to the people of Judah. I was pondering the change that had to take place when he brought these reforms. People were stuck in their plays that were not pleasing to God. They were worshiping idols and useless gods. They had to do an "about face" when Hezekiah called on them to turn back to God. Isn't that the way it is for so many people in our world today. They have to turn away from evil and harmful habits and ways so their lives can begin to honor God. And after we turn we are called to remain faithful...faithful to a God how has demonstrated faithfulness to us in so many ways.

A. I want to be a person who remains faithful to God. Who looks to God for strength and direction...who seeks God above the pleasures of this world.

P. "Lord Jesus, Thanks for your incredible faithfulness to me. I want to keep my eyes on you and remain faithful to your call and honor your Son Jesus Christ. I want to call others to remain faithful in their lives as well. Plant that message in me that I might bring it forward always. I love you. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment