Friday, August 14, 2009

Judged by the Word of God

S. "For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account. " Hebrews 4:12-13 (ESV)

O. The Word of God is so alive to me day. I am so grateful to our God for revealing himself through His word. I have read these verses many times in my life. In fact, just a couple of weeks ago I shared vs. 12 with the congregation. God's Word, the Bible needs to be alive in me. I must constantly feed on God's words written for me everyday. There is so much that I gain from reading the Bible. First, it helps me to discern right from wrong. It assists my discernment in what to do in my life and keeps my on the straight and narrow. Second, it helps me discern the thoughts and intentions of my heart. The Message says it can be use for "laying us open to listen and obey". Isn't that what we really want from God...to listen and to obey all that He has for us. So why is it so important that we listen to God and respond in obedience? Verse 13 gives us good reason...we are not hidden from God's sight. We are exposed to the very God who created me and who will one day judge my life...so it is extremely important that I live by the truth of God's Word for me. As I am preparing for the New Testament Challenge at PRBC...I want all people to realize the importance of reading God's Word for themselves. It is not my responsibility to make others grow...they have to do that themselves. I must remain faithful to God in my relationship with Him and be an encourager to others to do the same.

A. Continue in my daily reading and reflection is one of the most important aspects of my Christian life and walk with God. This will never change for me!

P. "Lord Jesus, that's for being my Savior and Lord...God I am so grateful that you teach me daily from your Word for me. I love you Lord, Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment