Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Faith leading to Works

S. "For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead." James 2: 26 (ESV)

O. There are many religions in the world that base their salvation and accomplishments on works. If you do certain things or reach certain levels of accomplishment in life they are rewarded. Their are also some who thing that you just have to be good and do good things to be guarnteed entrance into heaven. But the Bible is clear about such things. James especially addresses the issue of faith and works. This verse sums it up...faith in Jesus Christ that does not result in works is not true faith! Good works are extremely important in our Christian lives. My faith in Jesus Christ should push me toward doing what is right (good works)...the my good works leading salvation. My salvation is by faith...my works are a result of that faith.

Paul said it this way "For my grace you ahve been savied through faith. And this is not your won doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast" (Ephesians 2: 8-9, ESV).

A. I will continue to do all that God has called me to do...knowing that he has prepared things for me in advance. I will continue to look to God daily as I live out my faith daily.

P. "Lord Jesus, I thank you for all that you are to me. I think you for my salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. Please use my for your work and for your glory! I love you, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment