Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Serving Others

S. "But not so with you. Rather, let the greatest among you become as the youngest, and the leader as one who serves." Luke 22:26 (ESV)

O. "The leader as one who serves"! These are words that are meant for me today. I have been in leadership positions for many years. One of the things I have learned is that to lead I must serve those who I am leading. The old saying is true, "You can't ask someone to do something that you would not do." But leading and serving is more that just working along side others and caring for them. It is about being all that you can be to increase the position and care of the those you serve. It is putting your church, group or whomever you are leading in a position to excel and prosper. It is about putting the needs of the many above the needs of the few. It is about putting others before yourself. I trust that I am able to live up to this calling as a leader. It is my prayer that i can live as a leader who puts others first, including my family and church.

A. I realize that I am in a position that can greatly effect others. I will be open to the leading of God in my life and allow him to lead me in His way. I will serve my family and my church as a leader today and everyday.

P. "Lord Jesus, I offer my life to you today. I choose to serve my family today and put the needs of others before my own. I love you Lord. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment