Sunday, August 9, 2009

Living on Purpose

S. "who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began..." 2 Timothy 1:9 (ESV)

O. I love these words written so many years ago, but so real for me today. My salvation is not a result of anything that I have do or could do...it is a result of what Jesus Christ has done for me. And my life has purpose. I have been saved to accomplish His purpose in this world. Again, it all comes down to surrender for me. If I surrender my life and will to God's purpose for me, I will be living in the way that God's designed me to live...according to him will and purpose and not my own. It is so simple...but yet so difficult to live at times. Our desires and wants seem to crowd our lives and get in the way. Our own selfish desires will stand in the way of accomplishing God's purpose in our lives. It is a choice that I must make daily!

A. Today, I choose to surrender my life to the Lord once again. This is a choice that I must make daily for the rest of my life.

P. "Lord Jesus, I ask that your presence in my life will allow me to live for your purpose. I choose to live according to your purpose as I live this day with my family and others I come into contact with. Thanks for being my strength! I love you, Lord, Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment