Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Christ LIVING in Me

S. "My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."
(Galatians 2:20, NLT)

O. I have always loved this verse, but last night and this morning, I have been reflecting on the truth of these words. The truth is...As a person who has chosen to to follow Jesus Christ, a person who knows for certain that I have been forgiven of my sins...I am the one who is no longer in control. My life has now been "hidden" in Christ. I don't own or control my body, Christ does. To be honest, I haven't been acting that way. I have been trying to control areas of my life for many years, and for the first time, I feel that God is teaching me and reminding me that he wants and needs to be in control. I just have to live by faith...that means living and believing what I cannot see, but what I know is truth...that Christ is alive in me and wants to lead my life in every way. Just a simple lesson, but one that is so hard to live out. But one that I am committed to working through and making a reality in my life and relationship with Jesus Christ.

A. Today, I want to see all that I do in light of the reality that Christ is in control of my life. I will pray when I come to a point of wanting to control my life. I will seek the face of God today when I want to be in control.

P. I am reminded of the old hymn and want to make this my prayer today..."All to Jesus I surrender, I to him I freely give. I will ever love and trust Him, in His presence daily live."
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment