Monday, October 5, 2009

Unity and Prayer

S. They all met together and were constantly united in prayer... Acts 1:14a (NLT)

O. I am amazed at what can happen when God's people pray together. The early church has such a reliance on each other for constant support and for stability in their community. They were also dependent on the strength that they knew only God could give them. Their prayer was not for the sick in their community, but for a bold witness as they told others about Jesus Christ. They called upon the Lord for strength and peace in their daily lives...so they could live the way that God intended for them to life. Along the way, we have grown more independent in our lives. We want to do things for us and for reaching our goals. We rely on our own strength and our own wisdom to accomplish things we are involved in. Forgive me Lord when I try on my own and don't rely on your presence and power in my life.

A. The most practical application from today's scripture is simply to become more focused in prayer and supporting the work of the kingdom in people around me. When in doubt...pray! When in need...pray! When faced with temptation...pray! When weak in spiritual fervor...pray!

P. Lord, I commit my life to you and to the application of your Word. Be my guide in the days ahead during the New Testament Challenge. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment