Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Seeking God

S. “And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions. Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days. I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and billows of smoke. The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD. And everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved; for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be deliverance, as the LORD has said, among the survivors whom the LORD calls. Joel 2:28-32 (NIV)

O. On this day, when I intentionally seek the face of God, I am reminded that my God has promised to pour out his spirit upon me and all those in our church. I don't know if I have a real good concept of what it is like to experience an outpouring of the Holy Spirit in my life. I certainly know that the Spirit is part of me, but I am not so sure that I have any memory of a true "outpouring" of the Spirit. I am seeking that in the days ahead, as I turn my focus to the Lord in these days of preparation for the New Testament Challenge. I am excited to be part of a congregation that is seeking God's Spirit together and I pray that this will be a time in the life of our church that will be filled with awe and wonder as we experience all that God will do in and through us.

A. Today, I choose to keep my focus on the Lord Jesus. I pray for strength and follow through with the commitment to keep my eyes focused on Him.

P. "Lord Jesus, thanks for meeting me this morning. I give you this day and ask for your eyes to see the world, your strength to care for those who come into my path, you compassion to those who are hurting and your peace at the end of this day. I love you Lord. Amen"

1 comment: