Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Great Privilege

S. "Through Christ, God has given us the privilege and authority as apostles to tell Gentiles everywhere what God has done for them, so that they will believe and obey him, bringing glory to his name." Romans 1:5 (NLT)

O. It is a good reminder that I have been given the privilege and the authority to tell people everywhere what God has done for me and them...to tell them about Jesus Christ. I am reminded as I read about the church in the New Testament that they had a singular goal...to introduce people Jesus Christ. They told of how the scriptures revealed that he was the Messiah...the one chosen by God to redeem his people and bring them into relationship with Him. They were told of the miracles that Jesus had performed and even seen the power of God working in the lives of the early church and the apostles....and why did they do all this. Paul gives three reasons...first, that they might believe (in Jesus). The apostles had the privilege of telling others about Jesus and calling them to believe. In Romans 10: 9 he writes, "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." I must bring and share Christ so that others believe in him. Second, that they might obey. I live an example daily of obedience to Christ. I must help other people to live this life of obedience as well. We are called to live our our faith and believe in Jesus Christ...that is what Paul preached and what we must do as a church today. Third, Paul says all this is done to bring glory to the name God. This is my prayer daily...that my life would bring glory to God and not myself. I should never seek any credit for God's work in my life, but allow my life to reflect God's glory and point to him. Paul wanted to do this and so much I. These are great reminders for me in my ministry and for all who claim to follow Jesus Christ.

A. Today, I chose to allow my life to be seen by others and let it be a reflection of the love of Jesus Christ. I will die to self and allow Christ to be first in my life. I will surrender my will and plans to God pursue a meaningful and obedience relationship with Him.

P. Lord, my heart is full of your love and grace today. What a privilege I have everyday to serve you and give you my life. Take my life today and every day...let my life reflect your honor and glory. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment