Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Faith

S. “You don’t have enough faith,” Jesus told them. “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.” Matthew 17:20 (NLT)

O. I am constantly challenged in my own spiritual life with the balance between faith and believe. I have to know certain things about God and Jesus Christ. I study and read and open my mind to many different thought pertaining to the God serve and follow. But there comes a time in my life when I have to exercise my faith...when I don't have an answer to something, or don't what will be next, I must elevate my faith. This verse speak of the quality of faith vs. the quantity of faith. I can a visibly "big" faith but it can do me know good. It must be faith that is generated deep in my heart and completely in a posture of surrender to Almighty God.

A. There is one are of my life where I need to move from believing to exhibiting faith in who God is. I must stop trying on my own terms and begin to turn this over to God...knowing and believeing that "he who began a good work in me will being it to completion." (Phil. 1: 6)

P. Jesus I come to you today, wanting to experience your love and surrendering my life to you. I ask that I can live by faith today...knowing that you do love me and have the best in store for me. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment