Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hardened Hearts

S. "The LORD had said to Moses, "Pharaoh will refuse to listen to you—so that my wonders may be multiplied in Egypt."  10Moses and Aaron performed all these wonders before Pharaoh, but the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he would not let the Israelites go out of his country." Exodus 11:9-10 (NIV)

O. I have read about the plagues that were brought upon the Egyptians many times. As a young child in Sunday School, I imagined having gnats or flies or frog everywhere. I remember a few years ago we had an infestation of locust here. What a nuisance they were! But there all of these things, Pharaoh's heart was hardened…and the verses above tell us why…to bring glory to God!

I think this still happens today. I know people who have not turned their hearts to God…who have seen God's miraculous deeds in many ways, who have experienced his hand in their lives at some point, but still refuse to believe and surrender their lives to God. God continues to pursue a relationship with them and continues to love them and continues to offer new life to them…they just have to accept…as Paul said in Romans 'Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and Receive" Christ into your heart. God is still at work among us…we just need to acknowledge his wonders in our lives.

A. I will look at all that you have done in my life and in the life of our church today and say "thank you God!" I will acknowledge the wonders that God has done in my life today and every day.

P. Lord, I know that you are doing great things in the world around me and even in my life. I want to make my life a vessel that you can use for your glory and honor. Please fill me with your spirit that I might not hardened my heart toward you at all. Thank you for working in my life! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment