Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ordinary People…Extraordinary God

S. "When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus."  Acts 4:13(NIV)

O. I have always loved this verse…it gives me great encouragement to know that God can us anyone for his work. There are times when I am totally amazed at the fact that God would choose to use me in building His kingdom! I don't always feel worthy to be in the place of ministry, but I am confident of one thing…God has place me here. I was really talking with another pastor here in town and he asked me how things were going at Pea Ridge. I talked about some of the current things that are going on at church, GROW groups, Get Fit series, the new Meet Jesus series…our youth ministry, etc. Then I made the statement, "It's not because of anything that I am doing, but what God is doing at PRBC!" I really mean that…there are times that I just don't know what to do, but being available to be used by God makes all the difference in the world. When I open my life to be used for God's glory, I must be ready for him to work through me. I am should not be surprised when great things begin to happen! That is God at work!

This scripture reinforces my thoughts and feelings…people were astonished and noticed Jesus…not the men. That is what I really want my life to do…not make people remember Greg, but to remember Jesus and be blown away by what God is doing!

A. I really need to continue my practice of giving God credit. I also need to live with more of an expectation of God's work in me and through me.

P. Lord, I am humbled to be your servant. Please accept my life as an offering to be used for your glory and honor…always!

No comments:

Post a Comment