Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sitting at the Feet of Jesus

S. “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.” (Luke 10:41-42,NIV)

O. I have read this story many times and at times I feel like I am reading my story. It seems that my life and get so "busy" with doing things for the ministry. In this story, Martha is busy getting things ready for Jesus visit...even when he arrives, she is still busy with preparations...wanting everything to be just right. Martha, on the other hand, is sitting in at the feet of Jesus, talking, soaking up all that is happening, hanging on every word and every moment with Jesus. Martha complains that Mary needs to help her...then Jesus replies (see above Scripture).

I guess what really hits home to me in that Jesus is really just wanting to have a relationship with me. He wants me to take the time to listen to him and love him all the time. I guess when I think about how small my life is in the scope of eternity, some things just don't seem important. I put alot of pressure on myself at times to do all the right things and sometimes I think I might be missing one of the most important things there is...a deep, intimate, real relationship with Jesus

A. I want to continue to give God the First part of my day...I really enjoy reading and blogging in the AM...it seems to set the tone for my day ahead, so I guess I will keep doing that.

P. Lord, thanks for a gentle reminder that what is really important in life is not all the stuff we do are get ourselves into, but what is really important is our relationship with you! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment