Monday, January 11, 2010

The Light of Christ

S. " "Your eye is a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is good, your whole body is filled with light. But when it is bad, your body is filled with darkness. Make sure that the light you think you have is not actually darkness. If you are filled with light, with no dark corners, then your whole life will be radiant, as though a floodlight were filling you with light." (Luke 11: 34-36, NLT)

O. It is common knowledge the where there is light, there is no darkness. But there are times when we might be illuminating with the wrong kind of light. It should be the goal of every Christian and it should be my goal to always make certain that I am leading people into God's light and not the kind of life that leads to deception and wrong. My life will produce some type of light, so I must guard all that is put into my body, knowing that what I put in will produce a light that will lead others.

I really want my life to grasp the truth of Jesus Christ and God's Word to me daily. That is way I am so commitment to doing these reading and interacting with others in the God's Word. If I am putting this in...then I will be glowing with God's truth and nothing else.

A. While this is such an elementary concept for our lives, it is sometimes the most difficult to live out. There is so much more that we can put into our minds and heats...I want my eyes to see the fullness of God's love, so I choose to put Christ and his Word into my life.

P. Lord, accept my life as a vessel to be used by you. Let my light shine before men, that they might see yours good deeds and glory your Father in heaven. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment