Friday, January 8, 2010

Statement of Faith

S. “God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son.” (Genesus 22: 8)

O. This is the most awesome statement of faith in the Bible. Abraham finally has a son and God asks for the ultimate sacrifice...that Abraham would give his son as a sacrifice for God. I can't imagine want was going through Abraham's mind when he and Isaac were walking up the hill. Confusion, grief, bewilderment, and escape plan! I know I would be pleading with God to save my child. But Abraham's faith and confidence in God is just overwhelming. He trusted that God had the best plan for his life. After all, God had given he and Sarah a child in their advanced years. God had told him and he trust Him then...so why not now?

A. How much will I trust you God? How many times will you direct me to do something and I will just turn my back on you and do my own thing? Faith and the obedient steps to live out my faith is one of the most important aspects of my life. I just need to trust God more for every area of my life.

P. Lord, I put my hope in your. I trust in you for all that I am doing today and everyday. I trust in your plan for my life and not my own. I surrender to you of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment