Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Use What God Gives You

S. "The first one came and said, 'Sir, your mina has earned ten more.'
"'Well done, my good servant!' his master replied. 'Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities.'

Luke 19:16-17(NIV)

O. I really believe that these verses are talking about what we do with what God has given us. Too many times I see people who have talents and gifts that they don't use for God. They use them in the marketplace or at home, but when it comes to using them at church they find that they are too busy. This is not always the case, but many times it seems that people are overwhelmed with doing things outside the church that they don't do for God. The parable that Jesus tells shows that when we honor God with what he has given us, he will increase our capacity to give and live for him. He we just hold onto our gifts and talents, Jesus says they will be taken away. I don't want any gifts that God has blessed me with to be taken away. I really want to use them for His glory.

A. What gifts and talents am I not giving to God? I want to examine my life this week to see how I am giving to the church beyond my role as pastor. I need to be an example to others in this.

P. Lord, thanks for all that you have given to me and how you have equipped to minister in your kingdom. May I be faithful to give you all that you deserve! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment