Wednesday, January 20, 2010

God’s Purpose and Plan


S. "But Joseph said to them, "Don't be afraid. Am I in the place of God?  You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.  So then, don't be afraid. I will provide for you and your children." And he reassured them and spoke kindly to them." Genesis 50:19-21 (NIV)

O. I must confess that I don't always understand why things happen the way they do. Things that are good and things that are bad. There have been tragedies and triumphs, job changes and moves, tension in relationships and more…but God has an ultimate plan in all the events of my life. I find it hard at times to understand the real reason or the ultimate purpose in God's plan when I am in the midst of things, but that is where faith comes in. I love that Joseph had faith in God to help him see that all that had be part of his life was for good. He could have reacted to bitterness and revenge toward his brothers, but he look beyond his selfish attitude and intentions and looked at God's purposes.

A. I want to look at things from an eternal perspective. I want to see God's good in my life as things come my way. I must respond with a positive attitude and with trust in a God who knows my life and what I need the most.

P. Lord, open my eyes to your eternal plan today and every day. I keep my eyes focused on Jesus Christ. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. For the last two weeks, I've been studying this very topic of believing God in faith when circumstances seem hopeless and confusing.For me personally, the ability to believe God in difficult times centers on one thing. That is, knowing and resting in the character of God. Who is God anyway? He is the only unchanging element of my life. The very essence of love. He is a keeper of promises. And he is UNABLE to be unfaithful to me because it's a part of who he is.

    So when things come up and I look to heaven and say, Are you kidding me? I almost never understand WHY but I always, always know WHO. And for me, that's been enough.

    ReplyDelete