Sunday, January 17, 2010

Watch Your Life

S. Jesus said to his disciples: “Things that cause people to sin are bound to come, but woe to that person through whom they come." Luke 17:1(NIV)

O. This is one of my greatest fears in ministry and in my Christian life...doing something that would cause someone to sin. My life, my words and actions need to point people to Jesus Christ, not push them farther away in sin. I guess my fear comes in doing something that I am not aware of or something that might be okay to me and not to someone else. I have to be myself, but as a ministry of the gospel of Jesus Christ I believe it is my responsibility to live in a way that will not cause people to stumble or fall into sin. We really all have this responsibility, but I just feel an even greater responsibility as a pastor.

A. I will watch my words and my actions when people see me and when they don't...that I might live a consistent live before God and man.

P. Lord, allow my life to reflect the truth of who you are each and every day! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment