Saturday, January 16, 2010

Who Gets the Credit?

S. "Pharaoh said to Joseph, “I had a dream, and no one can interpret it. But I have heard it said of you that when you hear a dream you can interpret it.” “I cannot do it,” Joseph replied to Pharaoh, “but God will give Pharaoh the answer he desires.” Genesis 41:15-16(NIV)

O. I love reading the story of Joseph in the book of Genesis. His example of faithfulness to God, patience in trying circumstances and obedience in following God's plan are unparalleled in the scriptures. One thing that really stood out to me today was the credit he always gave to God. Joseph had incredible gifts from God and used them to do great things. He had great management skill, he was a planner and even was a good husband and father. But his success never got to his head. How easy it is to think that you are accomplishing things in life...how many times it is easier to take credit for what happens in and through your life, rather than give God the credit. But Joseph never forgot that God's hand was upon his life and he always wanted to point to God for the accomplishments in his life. This scripture is a great example of that kind of attitude that MUST be present in my life and really in the life of every Christian.

A. When encouraged with the way things are going at church or in my home and in my life...I will make a concerted effort to give God the glory and honor that is due his name.

P. Lord, help me to point others to you as you work in my life. Allow my life to reflect your glory and honor in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment