Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Being Like God

S. "I am the Lord who brought you up out of Egypt to be your God; therefore be holy, because I am holy." (Leviticus 11: 45, NIV)

O. I must constantly be reminded that I am to follow God as I live my life here on earth. The same God who led the Israelites out of Egypt is the same God who is with us every day to guide and lead us. He leads us and gives to us because of His love for us…because he desires that we inter into a relationship with Him…The told the Israelites that He wanted to be their God…and he wants the same from us today. He wants us to pursue a holy life…and the only way that can even begin to happen is when we allow God to lead us and inform us in all areas of our lives.

A. I want so much to live a Godly life! I want so much to see my life being led by God, but so many times I find that I am wrapped up in myself and not in God. This is a constant battle for me and I can only surrender to God's will and plan for my life. So my application is to intentionally put myself aside and all God to inform my every step.

P. Almighty God, you have created me and redeemed me through the blood of your son Jesus Christ. Thanks for believing in me and for offering me your presence and guidance in my life. Today I choose to follow you…keep me focused on your will and not my own. I love you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment