Monday, February 8, 2010

Listening!

S. "The whole assembly became silent as they listened to Barnabas and Paul telling about the miraculous signs and wonders God had done among the Gentiles through them." Acts 15: 12

O. There is something wonderful about hearing what God has done. We are fascinated by stories in so many ways. Last night, I watched the Super Bowl with friends in our GROW group…there was lots of talking and laughter (and good food), but what was interesting to me was the commercials. When they came on the room got silent. We are fascinated by the story the commercials were going to tell and so we listened. I must admit that there are time when I don't listen well…it is usually when I have so many things on my mind. But when I mind is clear and focused on one thing I can listen. The people were taken captive to the words and stories of Paul and Barnabas. They listened at the story of God's work through the Gentiles was being told. So why don't we listen more intently more of the time. A simple word…distractions, business and not knowing how to stop the whirlwind of life. Somehow, we must be more conscience of when and where we can settle our minds before God. We have to open our hearts and lives to receive what God has for us and we have to open our ears to hear him each and every day.

A. Today, I want to be in a place where I can hear the voice of God. Today, I want to rest my heart and mind before God.

P. Lord, I value time with you daily. Make my heart receptive to your word and your truth in my life today and everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment