Saturday, February 6, 2010

Darkness to Light

S. "Now the hand of the Lord is against you. You are going to be blind, and for a time you will be unable to see the light of the sun."
Immediately mist and darkness came over him, and he groped about, seeking someone to lead him by the hand."
Acts 13: 11, NIV

O. The reality of spiritual blindness is all around us. This verse describes Paul's encounter with Elymas the sorcerer. Paul confronts him with the truth of his spiritual blindness…his life stood against God and was filled with evil…and Paul calls him out. Then Elymas is blinded and looks for guidance. You see, sin is want blinds me…sin causes me to walk around in black darkness and looking of purpose and meaning in life…direction that is right and good.

I don't know about you, but I have found myself in this type of situation before. When my sin causes confusion in my life and I am wondering around and nothing is making sense. But Paul as the truth as part of his message! He doesn't leave people in darkness, but gives them hope. The remainder of chapter 13 is a description of Israel's history which leads to Jesus…the light of the world. It is Jesus who gives me hope and purpose and allows my life to make sense out of the darkness.

A. Today, I really want to see God's purpose in my life. I want to relax in the light of Jesus and not in the darkness of sin. Confession of my sin to the Lord, allowing him to reign in my life is where I want to be today.

P. Lord Jesus, thank you for being my all in all…Thank you for making sense out of the darkness of my life, for forgiving my sin. Amen

    

No comments:

Post a Comment