Friday, February 5, 2010

The Church in Prayer

S. "So Peter was kept in prison, but the church was earnestly praying to God for him." Acts 12: 5, NIV

O. I love this verse...Peter was in trouble and the church prayed. I have this image of them gathering for the entire night, earnestly pleading to God for Peter's safety and deliverance from the hand of evil...but also praying that God's will would be done in the midst of the situation. I think Peter would have been pleased with whatever outcome...just as long as the Word of the Lord went forth and God was glorified.

So when we get into trouble...when we have difficulty in life...when sickness weighs us down or when relationship go bad or when we have financial woes, we need to turn to our church family asking them to pray...asking them to stand in the gap for us...making sure our needs are placed before the throne of God and making sure our hearts are honoring God and that our life will honor God in the process.

A. Call on our church to be a church that prays...that offers our lives for God's glory and not our own!

S. Lord, thank you for your constant presence in my life. I offer my life to you today for your glory...I offer my prayers on behalf of the church today, for individuals and for all who need to feel your presence. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment