Thursday, February 18, 2010

God Knows My Name

S. "The total number of Levites counted at the Lord's command by Moses and Aaron according to their clans, including every male a month old or more, was 22,000." (Numbers 3: 39, NIV)

O. Every person counts…that is one of the main messages of the book of Numbers. God told Moses and Aaron to count the clans of Israel and they set out to accomplish this task. This particular chapter is about the clans of Moses and Aaron and specifically the Levites who were to be in charge of the Tent of Meeting, the tabernacle of God. It is just overwhelming to me to know that I count…that every person in this word counts…every person is important to God and his kingdom. There have been times in my life when I didn't think my life was worth very much…when I didn't seem to make a difference in the world around me. But when I see these verses about the counting of God's people I am reminded of God's purpose for each and every person in this world. The song "He Knows My Name" by Tommy Walker is a beautiful representation of this truth.

I have a Maker
He formed my heart
Before even time began
My life was in his hands

I have a Father
He calls me His own
He'll never leave me
No matter where I go

He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And He hears me when I call

God knows the name of every person in this word…you knows me name and has a very specific purpose for my life every day!

A. I will live this day with an understanding that God knows me and has a specific plan and purpose for my every step…What a joy!

P. Lord, thanks for calling me to do your work…to fulfill your plan and purpose for my life. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment