Thursday, February 25, 2010

God’s Peace and Strength

S. "The Lord gives strength to his people;
the Lord blesses his people with peace."
(Psalm 29: 11, NIV)

O. If there were ever a time that I need your peace and your strength God it is today. My life over the past few months has been up and down and I have experienced you presence in many ways and at various times. You have been faithful for me and I love you for that…but today, once again I need your peace…I need your strength. Your peace comes to me through Jesus Christ…His very presence in me provides peace beyond measure. The apostle Paul said it this way… "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4: 6-7, NIV). God's peace is limitless and profound! That's all I can say! God strength comes to guide us and give us direction in our lives. It is the fuel we need to endurance situations and circumstances that don't make sense in our minds and not seem to be under our control.

The key is that we accept the gifts of strength and peace. This verses says that the Lord gives them…we must receive them a take ownership of them. No gift can be fully enjoyed and owned unless we receive it.

A. I am receiving God's gifts today and I will tell others about his awesome gift as well. I am resting in his peace and strength…

P. Lord, I am blown away by your gifts to me. I know that I don't deserve them, but you freely give them to me and to all who call upon your name. I accept them today and praise your name for caring for me today. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment