Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Presence and Rest

S. "Moses said to the LORD, "You have been telling me, 'Lead these people,' but you have not let me know whom you will send with me. You have said, 'I know you by name and you have found favor with me.'  13If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you. Remember that this nation is your people." 14The LORD replied, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."
Exodus 33:12-14 (NIV)

O. I really needed to hear these words today. I have felt like Moses sometimes in my life…knowing that I am called by God to lead and do, but feeling somewhat alone in the process. Sometimes being in the lead can be lonely…not because it is designed that way, it is just a byproduct of being in the front. But I find great comfort in the response that the Lord gives to Moses and I accept these same words for myself today. "My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." I am so comforted that God has my back…that his presence will be before me and behind me and work in all areas of my life. For me today, this is the Holy Spirit at work in my life. And rest…who doesn't need this.

Both of these promises are confirmed in the chapters after this encounter with the Lord. The people of Israel never would have made it had it not been for God's presence with them…they faced fierce battles as they crossed into the promised land. They had physical and emotional challenges in the days of wondering in the wilderness…and the presence of God had impact on their lives. And the same is true for me today. I am confident that the Lord has paved the way ahead of me…I just need to trust in him and rely on his hand in my life.

A. Once again it is all about surrender. I have to surrender my life to the will of the Father. It is about trusting in the faithfulness of God to be my protection and guide. It is about allowing my weary body to fall into the arms of a loving father and receive HIS rest. Today, I choose to accept God's offer!

P. Lord, I run into your arms today, asking that you lead and guide me and give me strength to do your work! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment