Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Seeing Through Jesus’ Eyes

S. "Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right." (Acts 10: 34-35, NIV)

O. This verse brings to mind a sad commentary on some churches…we think that church is just for the Christians in that church. I don't think that we think this way on purpose, it is comfortable to be in a setting where there are familiar faces and relationships…were we know people's names and where we are like minded in our actions and beliefs. I enjoy that as well…however, we have been called to be witnesses to ALL people and to open our arms to all who need Christ. Peter was in unfamiliar territory. He was with a group of gentiles and for a devote Jew, this was unheard of. But Peter followed in obedience to God and went to the Gentiles and bring the truth of Jesus Christ to them. God prepared Peter and Cornelius and today, God prepares us and those we minister to each day…making us ready to go and others read to hear and receive the message we have for them.

I have been working hard at this as a Christian and as a pastor…to remove stereotypes and labels and just see people for who they are…people who need Jesus. I am commanded to love ALL people!

A. Today, I have a visit that I need to make and I am going to pursue this relationship once again. I am going to put myself out there and trust that God will use me to reach them once again with the gospel message.

P. Lord, I go today in your name and proclaim your truth and love. May my life reflect your love and grace to all who are in my path today. Help me to see people through your eyes and not my own. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment