Tuesday, March 9, 2010

God’s Affections

S. "To the Lord your God belong the heavens, even the highest heavens, the earth and everything in it.15 Yet the Lord set his affection on your forefathers and loved them, and he chose you, their descendants, above all the nations, as it is today." (Deuteronomy 10: 14-15, NIV)

O. I think this is the most awesome thought…that God, who created the world and holds all things in his hands, care enough about us that his affections pour out over us! What would life be like if this was not true? I believe that life would be a constant battle to earn God's love and acceptance. It would be a constant effort to please the one who created us. But because of God's grace, he offers to us a free gift that is founded in His Son Jesus. This grace is overwhelming…I mean God created us knowing we would sin and at time reject him, yet He still loves us. He created us so that we might love Him and I know His heart is grieved when we don't acknowledge His love and grace. His Heart is grieved when we don't love Him in return for His love. How thankful I am for God's affections!

A. Today I am reminded to God's love for me and my family. I accept this wonderful gift today.

P. God, my heart is filled with gratitude for all that you have done in my life. I am in awe of Your love and forgiveness in my life. I stand with a thankful heart. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment