Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Christ’s Power in Me

S. "I will give you all the proof you want that Christ speaks through me. Christ is not weak when he deals with you; he is powerful among you. Although he was crucified in weakness, he now lives by the power of God. We, too, are weak, just as Christ was, but when we deal with you we will be alive with him and will have God's power. Examine yourselves to see if your faith is genuine. Test yourselves. Surely you know that Jesus Christ is among you£; if not, you have failed the test of genuine faith."
2 Corinthians 13:3-5(NLT)

O. One of the great truths that I hold onto as a Christian is that Christ is working in my life. As we have celebrated the risen Christ around the Easter season, we have spoken of the truth of Christ living in the world and the truth of God's power at work in the world and in my life. I have said so many times the past few weeks…The same power that raised Christ from the dead is the same power that is at work in us. That is a powerful truth!! This is the truth that Paul is talking about in this passage above. He was asking the church at Corinth to look at his live and see the truth of God's power at work in him. He was weak in the flesh…but made alive in God's power displayed in Jesus Christ. And the same is true for us today. Paul calls us to examine our lives…to test and see if the power of Christ is alive in us. I must admit that there are times that I don't feel the power of Christ at work in my life, but that does not mean that it is not there and it does not mean that Christ is not using my life for the building of his kingdom. I must be proactive in looking into my life to acknowledge God's presence and work in me. As a Christian…as a Pastor…as a Husband…as a Father…as a Friend…I must allow the power of Christ to lead and direct my every action, word and thought…that will make the power of Christ evident in my life.

A. Right now, I take time to reflect on my life and reflect on the reality of Christ's power at work in my life. I am a child of God and I have all the rights of being a child and heir of God. I must acknowledge them and allow them to mold my full potential for work in the kingdom of God.

P. Lord, thank you for the power of the resurrection in my life…thank you for being alive in me today. I open my heart and life to you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment