Monday, April 12, 2010

We are Weak…He is Strong

S. God said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. (2 Corinthians 12: 9, NLT)

O. This verse just will not go away. I used it yesterday in my sermon, speaking about who God is glorified in our past and uses our past circumstance for his glory and honor. We are weak in our flesh, but God is our strength. Isn't it interesting that when we find ourselves in our weakest point in life, God strength will show up and be everything we need. It is not a coincidence…it is a reality. God loves to fill our lives with his strength and purpose and glory. He loves for us to be brought to the place where to need him, and more important, he loves it when we purposefully bring ourselves to the point of emptying ourselves and allow his strength and purpose to fill us.

So why is it that we try so hard in our own strength knowing that God want to and will provide all that we need? I believe we are taught in this world that we must do things ourselves…that we must be mighty and strong and keep ourselves on track with life and keep pace with everyone else around us. If we continue to pursue purpose and fulfillment in our own pursuits, we will fall, but God bring weak moments in our lives to bring us to our knees. Literally, God will wipe us out at times and then be ready to fill us with all that he has to offer.

A. Today, I am praying for God's strength to be present in my life and the lives of those around me. I am praying that our weakness will not just be a setback for us, but a positive step forward in allowing God to work in our lives.

P. Lord, you have filled me with all good things. You have given me strength and hope for today and tomorrow. Thanks for making me complete in your strength and for loving me in spite of my weakness. Be my strength and guide today! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment