Monday, May 17, 2010

God is with Me…Always

S. "Praise be to you, O Lord, God of our father Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, O Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all. Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all" (1 Chronicles 29: 10b-12, NIV).

O. I love this passage of scripture…when David offers a word of thanksgiving to God. It is so descriptive of who God is and what he has done for us. I need to be reminded of who God is on a daily basis. I need to be reminded of God's presence in my life and his power and control over my life. I need to be put in my place and allow God to give me his strength and power in this world…so I read these words as words of promise and hope. The reality of God is that here is no thing or no time when he is not with us and involved in our lives. He is there, but too many times we push him away from us…we move away from Him…not Him from us. There have been several times lately in my life when I have felt God was far from me. I can't blame God for this…I only have myself to blame. I have neglected some vitally important aspects of my Christian live and for that I am disappointed in myself…but we serve a loving, forgiving God and I know today I stand as one who is been made new in Jesus Christ. I accept the calling of God to pursue my relationship with Him. I know that through all of my life he has been faithful to me and will always remain faithful.

A. I want to get back on track with my daily blogging and reflection on the Goodness of God in my life. I know He has blessed me and I am grateful. I just want that to show in my daily living and loving.

P. Lord, thank you for all that you are…for the greatness and power and your individual involvement in my life. I accept my responsibility to love you daily and pursue my relationship with you daily. I love you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment