Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Temple…Then and Now

S. "In building the temple, only blocks dressed at the quarry were used, and no hammer, chisel or any other iron tool was heard at the temple site while it was being built" (1 Kings 6: 7, NIV).

O. This is only something that God could have orchestrated. When the temple was built, everything that came to the site of the building had been perfectly cut to fit together for God's purpose. Amazing! I am not a very good carpenter or builder, but I can't imagine building something and not having any tools on site. I can't imagine knowing how cut everything to put it all together and make it look right and most important…make is stand! But in the building of the temple in Jerusalem…God orchestrated and miraculous serious of events to complete his dwelling place.

What is amazing is that God has orchestrated more than just the temple. Look at all creation! God is so evident in the trees and flowers and animals and mountains. It is simply wonderful to see His creative ability in the earth. And then I think about my body. God have created me in HIS image and have knit my live together for his glory and purpose. Paul said, "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you…" (1 Corinthians 6:19, NIV). God created your body to be his temple…a place where He would dwell. Simply amazing that God created us…and wants to live in us.

A. Today is another day of life. It is another day to realize who my creator is and who he wants to me be. I have this incredible life because of God and I chose to live my life to honor Him.

P. I praise you God, that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I am humble that you choose to dwell in me through the Holy Spirit. I offer my life to your service today. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment