Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Safe in the Arms of God

S."During Solomon's lifetime Judah and Israel, from Dan to Beersheba, lived in safety, each man under his own vine and fig tree" (1 Kings 4: 25, NIV).

O. What a great verse! Living a life of freedom, safety and vitality was found in the time of Solomon. How wonderful it must have been for the people of Judah and Israel to live in this time of safety, seeing that under David's rule there had been much warfare, etc. And in the midst of this time of safety, Solomon call them together for the holy task…to work on building the temple of the Lord in Jerusalem. They began collecting all the needed materials for the temple and everyone was working together with a common purpose and goal.

What creates a feeling and atmosphere of safety like this? I believe that it begins with a time of looking to God. When they were doing the things that God called them to do, when they were living according to his plan and will, there was safety and peace in the land and in their hearts.

The same is true for us today. When we are settled in our relationship with Jesus Christ and when we are following the ways of God in our lives, I know that God responds to us is a life of peace and safety. Notice that it does not mean that we will be free from trouble…but in the midst of chaos and trouble we will live in safety.

A. For too long, I have lived in the safety of God's care without really acknowledging it or finding my security in his safe keeping. Today I have a new outlook on live and want to be found daily in God's safety and peace. I want his peace to rule and reign in my heart and life in every way.

P. Lord, I thank you for the safety that you offer to me daily. For the peace of knowing the you are with me and guiding my every step. May I be found in your safe arms of love and grace today and every day. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment